It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:55 am

Welcome
Welcome to faceniff

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: [Sticky] Read this first
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:45 pm 
Site Admin

Frequently Asked Questions:[FAQ]

• I reflashed/wiped/switched ROM and my code(Key) won't work anymore :(
    - Update: Please check new releases that use constant keys: http://faceniff.freeforums.org/faceniff-2-0-alpha-work-in-progress-t176.html

• FaceNiff is not working
    -First off, Your phone MUST BE ROOTED in order for FaceNiff to work. Second, check around the help section to see if there is a fix for your problem before contacting the Developer.
  • Will you make it for iPhone?
    - I don't have an iPhone, also I'm not sure iOS allows lowlevel access to system.
    Update: Actually it's at least not easy. Unless someone will point me to a document describing creating raw sockets on iOS I won't try coding it.
  • Will the key remain the same for new versions
    - Yes, but it will change when you change device
  • How do I View Profiles From PC
    - Run app in the same network the PC is (with passive mode disabled)
    And then if you want to log into sniffed facebook account go to http://facebook.com:8080/ and it will show you sniffed facebook profiles. For twitter it would be http://twitter.com:8080/ you get the idea.
  • I am experiencing Force Closes(FC)
    - There are a few devices that are experiencing Force Closes. Working on fixing the bugs as soon as possible. You can help by sending CatLogs as soon as the FC happens.
  • What is stealth mode
    - Some routers try to prevent the attack when they see spoofed ARP that is sent to broadcast. Stealth mode attacks every computer in network one by one. It's slower, but routers mostly ignore this. If you encounter problems with network or don't see any profiles popping up - use Stealth mode it might help
  • What is passive mode
    - Once you hijack profile you don't have to be on the same network to log into that profiles. You can even use your mobile network connection to do this. So when you don't want to sniff new profiles (while at home probably) you can use passive mode to browse profiles.
  • I am able to grab Session ID's but when it goes to browser, a login screen is shown (or I see my own profile)
    -In browser hit your Menu key, choose the "More" option, then select Settings. Scroll down some, and select User Agent, Change it to Desktop or IE6. Or try Dolphin Browser with User Agent set to "Desktop".
  • My friend logged into Facebook on his phone via Wifi but his Session ID didn't show up
    -You cannot grab Session ID's from Phones connect to Wifi, The phone encrypts it's connection.
  • Is it possible to sniff sessions without being connected to any network
    -No, you must be connected to a Wifi network.

Report this post